Business & Employment Litigation Attorney
Gleason & Gleason represents corporations and individuals in business and employment disputes in state and federal courts, arbitrations, mediations, and administrative proceedings with a concentration of experience in the technology, service, manufacturing, and medical device industries. Gleason & Gleason also serves as local counsel to corporations sued in Massachusetts.
Gleason & Gleason’s employment and business attorneys bring large firm and in-house experience to their clients with significantly reduced rates by passing along the savings that their virtual business model provides. Their litigation attorneys have successfully represented companies and individuals in litigation and arbitration of business and employment disputes, including both defending and prosecuting claims involving breach of contract, corporate governance matters, business and employment disputes including Wage Act violations, breach of fiduciary duties, civil rights claims, intentional interference with business relations, consumer protection statutes, deceit/misrepresentation/fraud, trade secret misappropriation, civil conspiracy, covenants of good faith and fair dealing, promissory estoppel, professional liability, and stockholder disputes.
Representative successes include
- Successfully represented a technology company defendant in a lawsuit involving a failed merger, obtaining a settlement with payment for the defendant.
- Successfully pursued claims against a mid-sized corporation for breach of contract, obtaining a favorable settlement for the plaintiff.
- Successfully represented an information technology company in claims involving the misappropriation of trade secrets resulting in a favorable settlement.
- Successfully pursued claims under the Wage Act on behalf of an individual, obtaining a judgment for misclassification by a corporation of the individual as a consultant.
- Successfully defended a corporation in claims under the Wage Act for misclassification of an individual as a consultant, obtaining a dismissal on summary judgment.
- Successfully pursued claims on behalf of a corporation against an individual for breach of contract, resulting in a favorable settlement.
- Successfully pursued claims on behalf of a corporation against a corporation for breach of contract, resulting in a favorable settlement.
- Successfully arbitrated claims for breach of contract on behalf of an investment banking firm, resulting in the full collection of a fee on a transaction.
- Successfully represented an information technology company in claims involving the misappropriation of its trade secrets, resulting in a favorable settlement.
- Successfully represented a technology company in the buyout of a partner, avoiding litigation.
- Successfully represented owners of a medical device company in a stockholder dispute.