About Our Law Firm
A husband and wife law firm with a proven track record, both Jo Ann and Frank bring large firm and in-house experience to their clients but with significantly lower overhead, allowing them to charge far less than other attorneys offering similar services. Gleason & Gleason has invested in technology and strategic vendor relationships rather than expensive overhead. The firm’s progressive virtual business model enables it to pass along substantial savings to its clients without compromising on results.
The firm concentrates on business and employment law and litigation, including structuring, negotiating, and drafting commercial and employment-related agreements, corporate transactions, business litigation and employment litigation in state and federal courts, as well as in arbitrations, mediations, and administrative proceedings. Gleason & Gleason also serves as local counsel to corporations sued in Massachusetts and as outside general counsel to early-stage, small and mid-sized businesses.
The lawyers at Gleason & Gleason, a veteran-owned firm, bring their respective in-house, large firm, corporate, military, and hands-on experience to their clients to develop practical, dynamic, efficient, effective, risk-reducing solutions to their clients’ legal issues. Gleason & Gleason’s business has largely been based on referrals and repeat business from its clients.
Representative successes for Gleason & Gleason include
- Successfully represented companies in litigation and arbitration, both defending and prosecuting claims involving breach of contract, corporate governance matters, business and employment disputes, including Wage Act violations, breach of fiduciary duties, intentional interference with business relations, consumer protection statutes, deceit/misrepresentation/fraud, trade secret misappropriation, civil conspiracy, covenants of good faith and fair dealing, promissory estoppel, professional liability, and stockholder disputes.
- Successfully represented small to mid-sized businesses in the negotiation and drafting of complex commercial agreements, including client master services agreements, professional service agreements, technology licensing arrangements, statements of work, and vendor agreements, including information technology outsourcing (ITO) and business process outsourcing (BPO) agreements.
- Successfully represented corporations and executives in the effective negotiation and drafting of executive employment agreements, technology ownership agreements, non-competition, non-disclosure, non-circumvention, and consulting agreements.
- Successfully represented technology and service companies in their acquisition of vendor corporations.
- Successfully represented pre-revenue medical device company in its acquisition by publicly traded company.
- Successfully represented a technology company through acquisition.